This DVD shows you in detail each and every step required to remove your old carpeted stairs and remodel them with stair treads found at your local home improvement store.
Remove your existing carpet, padding and tack stripes. Then removel all the noses and molding.
Repair any stairs that squeak or need reinforcement.
Install your skirting, risers, treads and cap boards.
Paint and/or stain your brand new beautiful hardwood stairs.
1. How to remove old carpet, tack strips and staples.
2. How to properly remove stair nosing .
3. How to reinforce treads & risers.
4. How to layout and install perfect fitting skirt boards & risers.
5. How to custom fit treads into openings.
6. BONUS VIDEO: Half-Wall Demolition, How to Install an Oak Railing & Balusters.
Our DVD shows you each step on how to professionally transform your carpeted stairs to hardwood stairs for a fraction of the cost that you would have to pay a contractor. Here’s an overview of the 8 steps that our DVD teaches.
Stair Treads Cut
How to remove old carpet, padding and tack stripes.
How to properly remove stair nosing
How to reinforce treads & risers
Rough & Custom fit left and right sides of your stairs
Learn how to correctly measure, cut and install your stair risers.
You spent all that money on your treads, make sure you fit them correctly. Our video will show you how.